ST EDWARD THE MARTYR
The Church of St. Edward the Martyr and the adjacent Parish House with its bright red door provide a spiritual center for this growing community at the North End of Central Park. Tucked away on this upper Manhattan side street, this small jewel box Church in the Gothic styles provides a home for a Spanish and Anglo congregation reflecting the changing patterns of life in New York City.
Built in 1887, the Church, which seats 110 people, was expanded in 1903 with beautifully decorated stained glass windows, mosaics and marble floors. It can be dressed as a chapel for that intimate scene or be filmed with a full congregation. Large community rooms are available for holding and catering for up to 150 people.
Additionally the Church has a large 2 bedroom apartment for clergy which has wonderful architectural details and two fireplaces. This part of the property is also available for filming.
14 E 109th St, New York, NY 10029